MAT 423: Numerical analysis I
||M,W 10:30am – 11:45am
||Tempe – WXLRA 113
||M,W 12:00pm – 1:00pm
- Richard L. Burden, J. Douglas Faires, Numerical Analysis (9th edition)
- Gilbert Strang, Linear algebra and its applications
- Lloyd N. Trefethen, David Bau III, Numerical linear algebra.
- Solving non-linear scalar equation: f(x)=0 (Chap. 2)
- Linear systems: Ax=b (Chap. 6-7,9)
- Solving non-linear systems (Chap. 10)
- Linear programming (Chap.8 from Strang’s book)
The Mid-term is scheduled (to be confirmed) on for Wednesday October 3rd in class.
|Aug 20 – 22
||Presentation course – Review calculus (Taylor polynomial)
|Aug 27 – 29
||Bisection and Newton method, fixed-point iteration (2.1-2.3)